Root cause analysis (RCA) involves searching backwards from an undesirable effect (or problem) to its cause(s) and addressing those causes. While the term “Root Cause” implies that there is a single cause for a problem, more often multiple causes interact and work together to trigger the problem. The RCA task is to identify potential causes, determine which cause or causes are root causes and address those root causes to ensure the effect (the problem) does not recur. RCA is important because if a problem has occurred once, it most likely will occur again.
However, if the root cause is found and addressed, future occurrences of the same problem CAN BE PREVENTED! RCA and corrective action is the key to preventing future problems.
Root cause analysis tools will be shared during this session, Evaluating corrective or preventive action and process will also be discussed.
Areas Covered in the Session :
- Establishing an effective team environment
- Clarifying what the problem is and what the problem is not
- Searching for the root cause by investigating the problem’s symptom(s)
- Using data and investigative tools to identify the root cause(s)
- Employing decision making to select the most appropriate solution
- Initiating measurements to ensure the problem does not reoccur
- Recognizing common barriers to RCA and how to overcome them
Who Will Benefit:
- QA Managers and Engineers
- Manufacturing Managers and Engineers
- Quality System Auditors
- Safety and Quality Auditors
- Project and Program Management Teams
- Operations Management Teams
- Executives and Managers responsible for investigating and solving problems