Power Pivot, a free addin for Excel, written by Microsoft, puts the “power” into Pivot Tables (hence the name!). Power Pivot removes many of limitations and frustrations that many advanced users find with Pivot Tables. For example, using Power Pivot you can:
- Create Pivot Tables from multiple Excel-based lists without using VLOOKUP
- Create Pivot Tables from large datasets without worrying about file size or performance
- Combine together related data from multiple data sources (Excel, database, text file etc) into a single Pivot Table
- Create powerful calculations on the data in your Pivot Tables
Why You Should Attend:
In this training, you will learn, using practical examples, how Power Pivot provides Business Intelligence functionality & reporting within the familiar environment of Excel.
If you want to take your reporting capabilities to the next level by learning how to leverage the functionality of Power Pivot, this is a must-attend training session!
- Importing data into Power Pivot – the why and how
- Using the Data Model to create and manage relationships
- The benefits of using the Data Model
- How to create Pivot Table in Excel from related Excel tables
- Creating a Pivot Table from related data sources (including external sources)
- Creating powerful calculated fields in a Pivot Table
This training is aimed at users of Excel (2010 and above for Windows) who wish to learn about Power Pivot. Attendees should have at least intermediate knowledge of Excel and be familiar with formulas and creating Pivot tables.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Power Pivot may not be available for your version of Excel. If you are unsure whether this training is relevant for your version of Excel, please check with your IT department.